SculpSure®- Non-Invasive Laser Body Contouring
SculpSure is the world’s first FDA-cleared laser treatment for non-invasive lipolysis of the flanks and abdomen. It’s a state-of-the-art, controlled light-based technology, ideal for patients looking to get rid of stubborn fat.The 1060 nm wavelength’s specific affinity for adipose tissue, coupled with minimal absorption in the dermis, allows SculpSure to efficiently treat areas of troublesome fat in just 25 minutes. Over time, the body naturally eliminates the disrupted fat cells with results seen as quickly as 6 weeks and optimal results usually seen in as few as 12 weeks.
- Controlled hyperthermic fat reduction
- Elevates adipose tissue temperature between 42°C and 47°C
- No damage to dermal tissue
- Up to 24% fat reduction1
- Clinically proven in multisite trials in over 100 patients
- Over 90% patient satisfaction rate2
- Comfortable and well-tolerated treatment3
- Can be used on all skin types
1 Average reduction in fat volume following single treatment as measured by MRI; Clinical and Histological Evaluations of a 1060nm Laser Device for Non-Invasive Fat Reduction, John W. Decorato, M.D., FACS. Rafael Sierra, Ph.D., Bo Chen, Ph.D., Westford, MA, 2014.
2 Katz B, Doherty S. A multicenter study of the safety and efficacy of a non-invasive 1060 nm diode laser for fat reduction of the flanks. Paper presented at: 2015 Annual American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery Conference; April 22-26; Kissimmee, FL.
3 Average patient discomfort rating of 3.7 on a scale of 1-10; Bass L, Doherty S. Non-Invasive Fat Reduction Of The Abdomen With A 1060nm Diode Laser.Paper presented at: 2015 Annual American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery Conference; April 22-26; Kissimmee, FL.
Smartlipo Triplex™ – Minimally Invasive Body Contouring
Laser-assisted lipolysis systems are highly effective for disrupting fat cells and delivering heat stimulated collagen production as part of a body contouring procedure. The method of energy delivery, specific wavelength(s), power, and safety features vary across laser lipolysis platforms.
4Additionally, most laser lipolysis platforms include some form of disposable cost per procedure.
Currently, Cynosure’s Smartlipo and SmartLipo Triplex with PrecisionTx are the market leaders in laser body contouring. Despite a challenging economic environment, laser lipolysis was in the top five procedures performed by plastic surgeons in the USA.5
- Laser body contouring is a minimally invasive treatment due to the small cannula size and laser technology.
- Some laser platforms provide the option of using local anesthesia and potentially improving procedure efficiency.
- A laser fiber is introduced through an incision as a single laser fiber or through a small cannula and laser fiber combination, delivering energy directly to subcutaneous adipose tissue to disrupt fat cells and coagulate soft tissue.
- Laser contouring results may include less bleeding, swelling, and bruising, as compared to traditional liposuction.
- Patients may experience quicker healing and less recovery time, reducing the required time for follow-up in the office.
- Laser contouring is a great option for patients who desire lower face and neck revitalization without the downtime of a face lift.
- Laser lipolysis is an excellent adjunct to traditional liposuction treatment, which when used alone, may not provide benefits seen with laser energy.
- Typically only one short treatment session is needed per patient.